CS/HB 7013, with changes to the Florida Election Code, passed the state House of Representatives 118-1, the changes include:
- Expands the ability of military member returning from deployment to register to vote after the typical deadline.
- Limits the ballot summary of constitutional amendments proposed by the Legislature to the 75 word length imposed on others.
- Expands the list of possible early voting locations to include “fairground, civic center, courthouse, county commission building, stadium, or convention center.”
- Expands potential early voting days.
- Alters absentee ballot processing procedure.
- Alters canvassing board appointment process to include alternates.
- Alters voting tabulation technical requirements.
Despite the 118-1 vote approval, media reports (St. Augustine Record, Tampa Bay Times, CBS Miami) continue to show a partisan split on additional election reform ideas. House Staff Analysis of the Bill.